Attic Upright Sprinkler K5.6 (VK697)
- Introducing the new VK697 5.6 K-factor Attic Upright Sprinkler, cULus Listed for Specific Applications.
- Provides enhanced fire protection for sloped attics, using less water and far fewer sprinklers, branch lines, and associated material.
- Intended for use with Viking's V-BB (back to back), V-SD (single directional) and V-HIP Attic Sprinklers.
- When used in combination with the 8.0 K-factor Model V-BB sprinkler, the new VK697 can increase the allowable roof span from 60 to 80 ft.
- The larger K-factor allows for the use of black steel pipe in dry systems, as opposed to more expensive galvanized piping that is required with a 4.2 K-factor sprinkler
- Viking Attic Sprinklers can be installed with either steel or CPVC piping (CPVC allowed on wet systems only.)
- Viking Attic Sprinklers feature a 200°F glass bulb operating element and are available in either a standard brass finish or Electroless Nickel PTFE (ENT) plating for environments where corrosion is a concern